Take note all beautiful and fun-loving people!
Shake your feathers and prepare for the event of the year - the Taste of Tzaneen Fest will once again take place at Fairview Hotel in Tzaneen, this year on the 2 and 3d November, and is shaping up to be a blast.
Baskets full of Blessings will be the theme for 2018, and what could be more suitable for an event that showcases all the beautiful products, talent and offerings of our fruitful valley!
We’ve rustled up a variety of exciting activities, including a wine tasting meander, food stalls, arts and crafts, books, craft beer and gin, delicatessens, cheese, dried fruit, biltong, clothing and jewellery, interior and exterior décor, live music, performances and entertainment by local artists – all to showcase the very best of what our bountiful area has to offer.
For special interest groups there will be exhibitions, demonstrations, information booths, competitions, fundraising opportunities and even a bird, tree and cycad identifying walk and talk.
Other not-to-be-missed special features include:
• The Wine Tasting Meander: Get your tasting glasses and meander through the lush grounds in between all the excitement, tasting wines from more than a dozen of the most sought-after wine estates in South Africa. Hampers for two with a cheese platter, two tasting glasses and 10 tasting tickets can be bought online at R 350.00 each.
• 30 km MTB challenge and 10 km fun ride on the lovely neighbouring Manorvlei farm - a must do for the adventurous and outdoor inclined.
• Fundraiser SPCA doggy walk & competition
• The Potjiekos for Africa charity drive will be led by the well-known actor and potjiekos fundi, Ben Kruger, of Binnelanders fame.
• Romantic getaways in Limpopo – an exhibition offering firsthand information on the most romantic accommodation and getaway options in Limpopo.
• Date Night Ideas SA’s vibrant Leilani Kuter will be broadcasting live competitions with exciting prizes and stunning show specials.
• The Rotary Tzaneen Beer Garden
• Kiddies activities, entertainment, fun and games will be organized by the Oppi-Plasie Academy
• The Skirmish Tour & Exhibition will offer insightful and valuable information regarding historical events that took place in our area during the Anglo Boer War.
• The SAVF Ladies High Tea invites ladies to be treated to a lovely programme of song, dance, and an inspirational talk.
• Tshega Missionaries will be running an arts, crafts and information booth.
• The Vilelje Girls will host a coffee bar and showcase their high-quality handwork and designs.
• The Klein Teater venue will play host to local artists performing live theatre, as well as song and dance productions.
• Fairview Harvest table – from 11:00 until 15:00, guests can enjoy a harvest buffet with live entertainment in the Le’Thaba Restaurant.
Seize this opportunity to be part of a unique event where everyone will have a platform to promote, market and showcase what makes Tzaneen and its surrounds a must-visit, sought-after destination.